Monday, February 27, 2012

Life As We Knew It Evaluation

FCA's
1.  Identify a position (5)
2.  Explain your criteria, application, reasoning for your position with quoted evidence as support. Please indicate the page number of your quote in parenthesis following the quote. (10)
3.  Explain the position of the opposition and provide counterargument.  (10)


Reading Life As We Knew It really changed my viewpoint on life and everything in involved with it.  Getting inside Miranda's head to see her thoughts created an image that I could relate to.  Especially because Miranda was a teenage girl, like myself, allowed things to become more realistic when I was reading.  This really was a good book and gave me a clear understanding of possible real life events.

The way that Miranda acted towards the entire situation when the meteor hit was totally relatable. She stayed calm for the most part even with all the events occuring but as time progressed she began to worry.  When things began to become less normal, it seemed like it was very hard for Miranda and her family to adjust.  When school went to start again in the Fall for them, and Miranda chose to study at home, I think that is when she realized things will only get worse from there.

When the list of the dead began to come out,

"I'm keeping this journal for myself so I can always remember life as we knew it, life as we know it, for a time when I am no longer in the sunroom." (pg. 337)

"I love you, too," I said and I ran away from her, away from her house, without even saying good bye to her mother. I got back on my bike and road straight home. I probably burned off three days' worth of calories, I rode so fast." (pg. 164)

No comments:

Post a Comment